FAQ about your stay in Alfresco Villas

Do you have any questions?
Below you will find answers to FAQ about Alfresco Villas.
Do you have another question? Do not hesitate to contact us.

General questions

Alfresco Villas is located in Sivota Bay, a picturesque harbor village in the south of Lefkada Island. Alfresco Villas is the umbrella name for Villa Nirvana and Villa Tranquility. Villa Nirvana is the upper villa and Villa Tranquility the lower villa. The villas are located on the mountain slope on the west side of Sivota Bay. You can walk to the village center via a steep road (approx. 20 minutes). By car it’s a 5 minutes’ drive.

Lefkada is a beautiful holiday destination, one of the Ionian Islands, with it’s capital Lefkada city. The island is located near the west coast of Greece, south of Corfu and north of Kefalonia. It is connected to the main land with a bridge.

You can reach Lefkas Island by airplane, by car, by bus and by ferry. Click here for more information.

Since October 2020, we are the proud owners of Alfresco Villas. We are Annemiek Brink, Marjon Jager and Harm-Peter Post. We live in Zwolle in the Netherlands and apart from being friends, we are also neighbours. Now both in the Netherlands and in Greece.

Questions about your stay in the villa

You are most welcome from 3 PM. You will be welcomed by our host/hostess at the car park of Sivota Bay harbour, after you have informed him/her about your estimated time of arrival. Our host/hostess will guide you to the villa where you will receive the key and additional information.

When you arrive at the villa you probably want to settle down from the journey. If you appreciate it, our hostess can take care of getting your initial groceries at the supermarket and make sure they are in the villa when you arrive. Payment is due when you arrive based on cost price (receipt from the supermarket). If you want to make use of this service, please send us your shopping list at least 7 days before arrival.

Sivota village has 3 small grocery stores. Just outside of Sivota in Marantochori, you will find a larger supermarket ’The Market’. In Lefkada city there is a number of larger supermarkets (among others AB Vasilopoulos, My Market, Lidl, Express market).

Each villa has its own washing machine, drying rack and ironing set. You will receive clean linnen and towels halfway through the week.

The water from the tap is suitable for drinking. However most people prefer to drink bottled water.

The villas have access to Wifi inside and around the villa. You will receive the code upon arrival.

Both villas have a smart TV. Villa Nirvana has Google Chromecast and Villa Tranquility has Apple AirPlay.

Bed, bath and kitchen linen are included in your rental fee. The linen will be changed halfway through the week.

Alfresco Villas is built against a steep mountain slope and the access road is also steep. The villas are accessible by car. Villa Tranquility is accessible for guests with reduced mobility, although it should be noted that the use of a wheelchair is difficult due to the different levels in the villa. If anyone in your company is disabled, we recommend that you contact us by phone or e-mail. We then can explain the situation and discuss with you whether this could cause problems.

The villa is cleaned upon arrival. If you stay with us for 6 days or more, the villa will be cleaned again halfway through the week and you will receive new towels and bed linen.

The swimming pool is cleaned on arrival. Halfway through the week the pool is cleaned again.

The pool is 8 metres long and 4 metres wide. The deep end is 1.80 metres and the shallow end 0.80 metres.

Questions about payment & cancellation

We work with a down payment percentage of 10% when booking.

Our standard payment scheme is as follows:
You will pay 10% down payment when booking. The remaining 90% is due 28 days before the date of arrival. You will receive an invoice for the remaining amount 35 days before the date of arrival.

In case of a booking with an arrival date less than 28 days in the future, the total amount is due right away.

The remaining payment is due 28 days before arrival. You will receive the invoice for the remaining payment amount 35 days before the arrival date.

Our standard payment scheme is as follows:
You will pay 10% down payment when booking. The remaining 90% is due 28 days before the date of arrival. You will receive an invoice for the remaining amount 35 days before the date of arrival.

In case of a booking with an arrival date less than 28 days in the future, the total amount is due right away.

Considering the Covid-19 pandemic, we are lenient with cancellations. You can cancel free of charge up to 28 days before the arrival date. The down payment will not be refunded. Instead you will receive a voucher that you can redeem at a later date.

We require a 400 Euros deposit upon arrival, preferably in cash. This deposit will be returned after you check out, as long as no substantial damage or loss of our property was caused during your stay.

By paying the down payment you automatically agree with the house rules and rental conditions.